YSL Poudre Compact Radiance Powder is a fine and comfortable pressed powder that leaves the complexion even and with a natural glow. This elegant foundation compact is the essential beauty accessory of any season. The silky lightweight powder caresses skin in a soft smoothing veil, to reveal a luminous matte finish. Anti-shine ingredients help refine the appearance of the skin and absorb sebum, which keeps your complexion radiant and fresh all day. The sleek, sophisticated gold case easily slips into a makeup bag for on-the-go touch-ups anytime. Ideal for normal, combination and oily skin types.
The Good News
- Matt and radiant is a very elegant powder. I have fair neutral skin and got 1 ”Natural light”
- Very luxurious packaging and relatively slick
- The velvet pouch is separated in two (one for the powder and one for the applicator). The shiny gold case with the YSL logo is too flashy for my liking and attracts fingerprints like a magnet
- The actual powder has a pretty print of a heart with writing ”Yves Saint Laurent”
- The colour I chose is neutral and nearly off-white
- Very finely milled, feels almost creamy to touch, and gives a velvety look to the face. I don’t find the finish radiant, it’s rather matte but not flat, sets foundation beautifully
- Doesn’t cake and evens out the skin tone. Oil control is minimal. It would be great for normal to dry skin
- I like the provided finish and the feel of the powder and use it for touchups
Not So Good News
- Interesting packaging but not very practical
- Quite pricey: contains 10gr of powder and costs about £30
After using this powder for a month I am thrilled but oil control is important to me and it is quite pricey so I’ll try something else next time.
And don’t forget this is an open blog, so please feel free to share your thoughts and ratings about this product 🙂